每年, Millikin University proudly recognizes individuals who personify the university’s tradition as an environment for excellence. Through outstanding achievements and contributions, these individuals bring honor to Millikin University and its alumni. Established in 1951 with one award, the program has grown to five award categories to better recognize the accomplishments of alumni at different life stages.
These awards are presented annually during the fall 同学会 celebration. Recipients have the opportunity to accept their awards in front of family, friends and other alumni.
What are the awards?
- Alumnus of the Year Award recognizes service to the university during the past year, as well as continuous service throughout the years. This award is the highest alumni honor presented by the university.
- Merit-忠诚奖 recognizes individuals who have demonstrated great loyalty and dedication to Millikin and distinguished themselves in their particular profession or field of endeavor.
- 绩效奖 recognizes individuals who have distinguished themselves in their profession or field of endeavor in such a way as to reflect credit upon themselves and Millikin. Outstanding community service is also a criterion for this award.
- 忠诚奖 recognizes long and faithful service to Millikin, the interests of the university, as well as outstanding community service.
- Young Alumnus Award recognizes an alumnus/a 35 years of age or younger who has made 不able achievements in a chosen field and/or given faithful service to Millikin.
- 教师/工作人员 Recognition Award recognizes a Millikin employee (past or present) who has demonstrated exceptional investment and care for the academic, professional and personal well-being of students and alumni.
- Athletic Hall of Fame recognizes outstanding contributions to Millikin athletics.
How do I nominate someone for an 校友 Award?
校友, parents and other friends of the university are invited to nominate Millikin alumni for a variety of awards presented by the 校友 Association and the Athletic Hall of Fame Committee during annual 同学会 activities.
Know someone who fits the above descriptions? You’re encouraged to nominate him/her for a Millikin University 校友 Award:
Nominations for 同学会 2022 will be accepted through 4月1日, 2022. Nominations remain active for three years and may be added to at any time.
Current active members of a university board are 不 eligible to receive an 校友 Award. They may be nominated once their service to the board is concluded.
How are recipients selected for an 校友 Award?
The selection committee consists of members of the 校友 Association board and 校友 and Development staff. Committee members will review nominations and make selections during their April 校友 Association board meeting. Recommendations are then passed along for approval by Millikin’s president and board of trustees.
What is the timeline for the 校友 Awards and Athletic Hall of Fame process?
Nominations are accepted throughout the year for both the 校友 Awards and the Athletic Hall of Fame.
- 4月1日 – Nominations are due to the 校友 and Development Office each year.
- 五月 – Committees begin their review and selection process.
- 5月- 6月 – Final recommendations are passed for presidential and board of trustee approval.
- 6月 – Recipients are 不ified.
- 8月. 1 – Recipients announced.
- 10月 – 校友 Awards Dinner during 同学会 Weekend.
- 10月 – Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony & Brunch during 同学会 Weekend.